Click on thumbnails
1990 BMW E30 M3 215bhp 'Late Model'
Click here for Gallery of Photographs
Click here to run Photo Slideshow automatically
In show condition with definite concours potential.
Full Service History
Owned by me for six and a years having been purchased in 2001 after a two year search for the right car.
Now being reluctantly offered for sale due to time and space constraints.
The car has now been returned to stock / standard specification but included in the sale will be all parts/extras should the newer owner wish to replicate its former appearance (please click here)
Diamantschwarz Metallic over Black Leather
S14 4-Cylinder Engine with catalyst developing 215 bhp
Five speed dog-leg manual gearbox
Big Board OBC
Electric Tilt/Slide Sunroof
Long-range Accessory Fuel Tank
Thatcham Category I remote alarm / immobiliser.
4 owners including me.
The first being a female owner in Germany; secondly another female owner in the UK. I then purchased the car from an Englishman who lived in Belgium but was relocating to Switzerland. He had bought the car hoping to take it with him to Switzerland, only to discover Swiss regulations prevented him importing a car older than 10 years. He informed me that he too had searched a long time for the right car and had viewed 13 cars before purchasing this one.
Maintenance has been meticulous throughout.
The service history file is VAST with BMW main-dealer servicing in Germany, Belgium and the U.K and latterly with Nigel Moseley at Moseley Motorsport (the well-known and highly respected E30 M3 expert).
The last service was a full Inspection II Service carried out by Nigel Moseley at 152,224 km. There are still 4 green lights showing on the service indicator. The current mileage is 156126 km (96798 miles).
Prior to this the car also had a proper engine set-up by Nigel with valve clearances shimmed, throttles balanced etc.
All Service Books, Manuals etc including the M3 specific supplement are present.
(Important: I never use words like 'immaculate' or 'mint'...if you've read the 'About me' section on my website you'll already know this and why)
EXTERIOR / BODY / PAINTWORK
The car is in stunning 'show condition' having just returned from a full (and expensive!) repaint. It is has since only been driven back from the bodyshop and once more to take photographs for this webpage. As such it is totally blemish free!
There are no scratches, dents, dinks, swirls ... not even a single stone-chip! Previous small amounts of rust have been PROPERLY dealt with including the common front scuttle area (although this was very minor on this car).
Please note in the pictures as an indicator of the care and attention that went into this work that the side-skirts are finished in their correct slightly matt (egg-shell) finish...this is often over-looked and just finished in the same shiny gloss in lesser resprays. The job was done by a large bodyshop who do work for several maindealers locally but the owner only allowed himself and his 'head-man' to work on the car. They were enthusiastic in wanting to achieve a superb result that I would be satisfied with. They didn't fail!
The finished result is superb!
The underbody and wheel-arches are meticulously clean.
Brake and fuel lines have been cleaned and waxoyled.
Brand new front headlamps (with manual adjustors) have just been fitted.
In excellent condition having always been well-looked after. The leather on the driver's seat has 'softened' and has creases but no significant wear, cracks, tears or rips (photo makes it look there are 'cracks' someone said ... but they are infact really just creases). The passenger and rear seats have barely been used and their condition reflects this.
All central locking motors have been replaced.
Brand new Glovebox Torch
EVO Sport Kickplates
Pristine. Unmarked carpeting.
All tools present (including the important and expensive specfic spark plug tool!). The jack, wheel-brace, wheel-chock, BBS centre-cap removal tool, warning triangle and sealed first aid kit are also present.
A new battery has just been fitted.
ENGINE BAY etc
As per photographs!
The car has a brand new radiator, expansion tank, water hoses, induction hose.
The ignition leads, distributor car and rotor-arm have been renewed.
An E36 M3 timing chain tensioner is fitted of course.
New Lambda Sensor
New Standard BMW rear exhaust.
Gearbox linkages renewed.
New standard BMW front pads
The car has also just had a complete new standard BMW suspension fitted! To include all coil springs, front and rear dampers and top mounts.
The car will be sold with 3 sets of wheels :
All tyres are good with plenty of tread, all centre caps are present and fitted with new badges.
- A pristine set of highly desirable proper original M3 16" wheels as per the photographs (NOT 16's from some other BMW model purporting to be M3 wheels) fitted with Falken ZE512 225 / 45 / 16
- A set of 17" BBS Split Rims in 'good' condition (I have cleaned off the lacquer on the rims and polished them myself as I didn't want to go to the extent of having the wheels split apart). These are the wheels that came with the car and that I have always driven the car on. They are fitted with Bridgestone SO3's. After much research I settled for 215 / 40 / 17 front and 235 / 40 / 17 rears.
- A set of newly, professionally refurbished original 15" E30 M3 wheels which have never even been remounted on a car! These will be re-fitted with the standard Continental Super Contact 205 / 55 / 15
VERY high quality system includes:
- Alpine Tuner/Cassette Head unit with boot mounted Alpine 6 CD Changer (http://www.alpine.com/)
- 6 Door-mounted MB Quart Speakers - in leather covered, well finished enclosures (apparently just the two door enclosures cost over 2000 Deutsch Marks back in the early 90's! (about £700 at the time!).(http://www.mbquart.com/2003/)
- 2 Rearshelf-mounted Mid-range and 2 Tweeter POLK Speakers on (http://www.polkaudio.com/polk.html)
- 2 12" Cerwin Vega Subwoofers discretely mounted behind the rear seats (http://www.cerwinvega.com/)
- Boot mounted 400W amplifier
'EXTRAS' and SPARES
Included in the sale is a quantity of 'extras' and spares. These will include:
The above (most of which are simple bolt-on/off jobs) along with the various wheels will allow the new owner to vary the car from its current completely standard format to the more
'aggressive' set-up (seen on the old webpage) or various stages between the two.
- Genuine EVO Sport rear Gurney Flap
- Genuine EVO II front spoiler...refinished and chip free at the same time as the repaint.
- EVO Sport 'type' front splitter (please note this item is a Moseley Motorsport replica and as such is non-adjustable but fixed in one position).
- Correct and essential hubcentric spacers to allow the fitted of the 17" rims above (actually quite an expensive item!).
- The previous and still useable coil springs and shock absorbers
- Full clutch kit with less than 5K miles use.
- Startec dark rear lights (see previous webpage). These are actually very good quality items...better than the originals!
- Clear front indicators
- Numerous other spare front and rear lamps
- Light Alloy Strut Brace
- Spare 'English' On-board Computer and Check Control Units
- Genuine BMW Accessory Petrol Jerry Can (fits in spare wheel well ... rare and expensive item!)
- Other 'stuff' that I can't even remember!
The car is currently taxed to end August; it was MOT'd on 18th February 2007 at 155075 and passed with NO ADVISORIES whatsoever! It has covered only 650 miles since.
The car has always been driven with the utmost care and respect during my ownership. I have never even driven it hard enough to break traction!
It has never seen a track!
I will be very sorry to see it go. However, reference to the service history shows me that I have averaged less than 3.5K miles/year in the last 4 years and as such this plus the fact that I currently have a further six BMWs in my possession have reluctantly led me to the conclusion that is time to offer it up for someone else to enjoy and hopefully cherish ... as I have done over these past six and a half years.
Those who know and have driven a well-sorted E30 M3 will need no explanation but to put it into perspective for those who haven't yet may be considering one:
These cars may no longer represent the fastest car on the road; they may be noisy, rough and uncomfortable but in the six years of my ownership the 'sense of occasion' when driving it has never left me!
This car represents one of the very best examples of these iconic cars. Few...if any...as good are likely to come on to the market.
Sorry - this car has been sold!
Click here to run Photo Slideshow automatically
The Nikasil Issue